Coconut milk is derived from the flesh of the coconut. Coconut milk is easy to use as it adds creaminess and unique flavour to your dishes. Tried coconut milk in your curries and soups to make it more relishing delicious?
Well, if you have been using it, you will be quiet surprised about its benefits. And if you haven’t used it, surely you would use it just because of its benefits.
- Coconut milk is immeasurably rich in vitamins and minerals. Coconut milk contains some of the essential minerals like iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium and zinc. It also contains a significant amount of vitamin C and E.
- Lauric acid makes up a large part of the fat in coconut milk. Found to exhibit antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. This fatty acid has a disease-fighting ability and boosts the immune system. Lauric acid can also be helpful in maintaining the elasticity of the blood vessels and in keeping them clean. It helps in lowering the risk of heart diseases and atherosclerosis.
- It is high in fibre. Soluble fibre can help promote healthy cholesterol levels, as well as combat heart disease. The other key thing is that the high fibre content helps promote feelings of fullness for longer, which can help in avoiding overeating. Coconut milk can improve the health of the digestive system and promote digestion. It can relieve the symptoms of stomach ulcers and acid reflux disease as well.
- Coconut milk possesses some antioxidant compounds, which can offer protection against the harmful free radicals and their damaging effects on the body cells and tissues.
- Coconut milk can have benefits for hair as well. Fresh coconut milk moisturizes, nourishes and promotes hair growth. It helps in controlling excessive hair fall too.
- It is used for moisturizing and hydrating the skin. It is also used for cleansing the skin pores by removing dirt, dead cells and excess sebum. Coconut milk gives a soft and supple skin and a glowing complexion.
- If you are suffering from rash or sunburn; coconut milk can instantly heal you. Bathing in coconut milk or applying it overnight; the milk has cooling properties that will help get rid of the dryness and itchiness of the rash.